Thursday, May 20, 2010

Insecurity is bleak; certainty is bliss!

I'm pretty reserved at times.  Perhaps it is my lack of communication skills or my fear and embarrassment of mess up and ridicule.  Both probably qualify as the same thing.  Anyway, I know I have a problem that desperately needs fixed.  But part of me doesn't want to improve that area, for a very silly reason.  I'm afraid to speak up, voice my thoughts, and share my opinion.  Sometimes I insert my foot.  Well, let me rephrase that.  Most times I insert my foot.  You have no idea how insecurity feels until you've had someone roll their eyes disgustingly at you. (Oops. I do that sometimes. I'd better watch myself.)

There are so many insecurities in the world, and most people end up insecure about something in their life.   However, what can we do to become patient and kind, meek and humble, submissive and responsive?  Most people are crying out for a saviour, but why won't they accept the One that is given?

God truly does care for us. (1 Peter 5:7)  But do we care for Him like we should?  If we are bogged down in grief and despair, what is displayed in our lives?  Certainly not the love and peace of God.

Excuses of woe and "You don't know my life!" don't get us anywhere.  We may not know what each others' lives are like, but the same solution works for everyone, if they will accept God's free gift.  Listening to the media, browsing the internet, envying other people and their lifestyles will not give us the satisfaction we so desire.

"While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."  ~2Peter 2:19

True liberty and freedom from anything only comes through the blood of Jesus Christ, and that includes peace of mind.

I have determined to rid myself of my insecurities.  Life isn't Life with them.  I'm too self-conscious as it is. (A terrible, weak fault.)  In Christ my hope is found, not acceptance in the world's social circle.

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations, knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."  ~James 1:2-4

I don't want to be an uncompleted woman.  As James says, "let patience have her perfect work" so that we might be "perfect and entire."  Life is much more glorious when we live it to the fullest degree.  Insecurity does not even come close to the mark.  I'd much rather laugh and sing.  I'd like others to see a difference in me that isn't common in everyone else.  Christ is that difference.

As Solomon says in Ecclesiastes, there is a time for everything. (Ecclesiastes 3)   Sure, there is a time for tears and sorrow, just like there is a time for dancing, mourning, embracing, building, laughing, etc.  And in those times of tears, "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."  ~Hebrews4:16

No matter what people may say, God cares and loves His children.  He doesn't want to leave us helpless and despairingly discouraged.  But if we shove Him away, we are at fault.  God isn't to blame.  Therefore, we must "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me."  ~John 5:39

My determined effort is to rid my life of trivial insecurities.  God made me exactly according to His plan, He placed me in the right and wonderful family I'm in, He gave me encouraging friends to lift me up, He is preparing me and my future husband for our special day, He has given me life, health, and all of my needs.  But most importantly, He has given me eternal life.  His grace and love are mine, and I can sing with peace and joy!

We can all take comfort in Jesus' words:  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."  ~John 16:33

Insecurity is bleak; certainty is bliss!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you back in business :) I really enjoy reading your posts, your parents have taught you very well.

The first paragraph really hit me because I am the same way, paragraph 4 also hit me hard - I have to plead guilty to the charges of 'Excuses of woe and "You don't know my life!"' and 'Listening to the media, browsing the internet, envying other people' not that I trust majority of the media or of the internet, ... Great article and good advice :)

I really like your playlist :)

Rachel said...

Thanks, it feels good to be back. I've been pretty lazy recently, but now I know just how much I've missed writing!

Me too. :)