Friday, December 4, 2009

The Reason for the Season



Exactly three weeks until Christmas.  Yes, I'm still counting down the days.  Actually, all of us Brown kids are.  We just had a discussion about it today. (not worthwhile mentioning, I must say.)  I would list all the things I'm making for Christmas gifts, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag for those who read my blog that don't need to know.  Those of you know who I'm talking about.  Sorry, y'all will just have to wait for Christmas day.  But here I am getting ahead of myself. (or is it behind myself?)

Nowadays people have lost the true meaning of Christmas. (example: Santa Clause, too much emphasis on gifts, etc.)  It is ok to give and receive gifts (everybody admit it...we all like that part) but Christmas is really about that one Gift that was given to the world two thousand years ago.  Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was the greatest gift the world has ever known.  If he had not came to be born as a baby, live as a man, be crucified, buried, then rise the third day, we would be without hope. (John 3:16)  But now, if we as wicked, miserable sinners confess our sins, repent, accept Him as LORD and Savior, we will be saved. (Acts 16:30,31; Ephesians 2:4,5,8,9; John 3:3,36)

Thank the LORD for providing a way for those who would believe and praise Him for the greatest gift of all - Jesus Christ, God's only Son.

This Christmas, let us celebrate the real reason for Christmas - the birth of Jesus.  May He dwell in our hearts forever as we strive to serve Him in this time and place He has placed us.  Glory to Him forevermore be!

No comments: