Monday, December 7, 2009

A Dashing of Hopes


Yesterday morning, my sister Katie came running into mine and Grace's room, before we had even risen, and yelled excitedly, "it snowed last night!"  What! Grace and I both peeked out the window.  My face crumbled.  I was quite disappointed at what I saw. "Katie! That is frost!" Our hopes were dashed to pieces.  I really have been hoping for some snow this year.  However, the LORD hasn't sent any just yet.  Maybe He won't at all.  I have just been hoping.  In Georgia we don't get hardly any snow, if any at all.  When we lived in Indiana we had snow in abundance.  Then we moved to Georgia and didn't have any at all.  As a matter of fact, the last two Christmas's were in the latter 70's.  I was quite happy.  Now I wish for some snow.  Will we get any this year or is it to be warm?  I will be sure to update y'all on anything that happens.  You can be sure of that.  This year I can really sing "let it snow, let it snow!"

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I just found your site and enjoyed reading your posts. You have greatly encouraged me. I homeschool my granddaughter (third grade) and I am teaching her about being a Godly woman. I hope that you are far enough north in Georgia to get some of the snow that is coming tomorrow. We are hoping for a good powder.
Dorothy

Rachel said...

Thank you for stopping by! I just now found your comment. =) You are my first commenter and I thank you for it. :)

Yes we did get some of the snow that came, which pleased me very much. =)

Again, thank you for stopping by, and God bless you!