Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Check-up before Christmas

So much has gone on that I don't know where to start.  Here is a check-up on what has been going on.
  1. First week I was away: All of us, well, most of us took sick with nasty colds.  We just had to get the worst of it.  No mildness that week!
  2. Second week I was away: I was very busy trying to finish all the gifts I was making.  Now I am finally done!...I hope.
 We are now in the third week.  School has let out for Christmas holiday!  Let me tell you, we are very excited about that.  Finally, Christmas is just three days away.  Only. three. days.  Wow.  I cannot begin to describe how astonished I am.  I knew that December would d...r...a...g by, I just knew.  Apparently I was wrong.  However, I am quite glad to be proven wrong.  The time has flew by and I am completely ready for Christmas.



Then, the Sunday after Christmas some friends are driving down from Indiana to stay awhile with us!  We are also excited about that.  We haven't seen this family in a year and a half.  I know there will be a lot of excitement the week after Christmas.  Of course, there is a lot of excitement right now.  My little siblings can't wait until Christmas.  As a matter of fact, we all can't wait.  (Surely everybody is excited around Christmastime.  Who isn't?)  Although presents are lots of fun, Christmas is about the most precious Gift ever given - Jesus Christ.  That should never be forgotten.  Even in the hustle and bustle of the season, remind those around you of the greatest Gift of all.  His name should be glorified throughout the land.  All hail to the King of kings!

No comments: