Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving, anyone?


I am ready for tomorrow.  Are holidays ever busy at your house?  Thanksgiving - nah, (well, we'll see tomorrow) but Christmas - YES.  As much as I can recall, Christmas at our house has always been pretty busy.  But that is beside the point.  Thanksgiving is one of my second favorite holidays.  Thanksgiving and Christmas pretty much tie together for me.

Thanksgiving is special.  We all are thankful for the many blessings which God has given us.  Yes, I agree we should all be thankful, but we should be thankful every day, not just on Thanksgiving.  Whether rich or poor, sick or in health, we can still be thankful for everything God has done for us.  Truly, if we started counting our blessings, we wouldn't be able to stop!  There is so much!  As for whether some may be poor, we can always be rich in God's love and mercy.  That is something to think about.

I won't go through every single thing I'm thankful for (I'm afraid I wouldn't have enough room for that) but I would like to list the five top things that God has given me.  Of course, every blessing is very important, but like I said, there isn't enough space for everything.

  1. The love of Jesus Christ wherewith He loved me so much that He died for me.  I think that kind of love is amazing!  It is the only true kind of love. If we all had that kind of love, nothing could hinder us.  But, we are not perfect - only He is.  I am so thankful form salvation.  Sometimes my sins and doubts get me down, but He is always there to lift me up.  That You, LORD God almighty!
  2. I am also very grateful for my wonderful parents and siblings.  Even though all families have their own share of troubles, we are under the law of God - He is always leading us through fire and through water, through peace and through war.  We as a family have a responsibility to shine forth Christ in this crazy world.  Although it may be hard a lot, we still have that duty.  Besides, families are great!  Even though we go through our own share of difficulty, we still have lots of fun!  We can be ourselves, (which is hard to do in this day and age) act goofy, giggle, laugh all the time, joke around, just having a good ole time!  As for a big family...we can build our own baseball, kickball, football, etc. teams.  Everybody has at least one person around all the time, most times no one is left out - it is so good to have so many family members around all the time!  We need never be lonely.
  3. Friends are also very important.  Many a person would be very unhappy indeed if there was not a friend to help them through.  Whether Jesus Christ, the ultimate Friend, or a friend on earth that God has placed us in our lives.  Without Jesus Christ my Saviour, my oh-so-wonderful family, and true loving friends, I would be nothing.  Absolutely n.o.t.h.i.n.g.
  4. Who doesn't love food?  I could roll my eyes.  Unfortunately some of us love it too much...just kidding!  Thanksgiving is one of the times where so much good food! is torturing us with the delicious aromas. Plus, without food and nourishment, we would die.  Thankfully God supplies us with everything we need.
  5. To sum it all up, I am so thankful for every blessing God has bestowed upon me.  Although I don't deserve anything, He has still richly blessed me with so much more than I deserve.  Hallelujah!

Just in case I don't get to write a post tomorrow, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  May this Thanksgiving be more bountiful and blessed more than any other on your life.  God bless!

No comments: