Thursday, November 5, 2009

A Day full of Fun

Today my mother took all 8 of us kids to a homeschool get-together at the park here in Barnesville - the second one that has been put on. It is just a time for homeschooled families to get together, hang out, and get to know one another! I love it! I think homeschoolers need to get together now and then. It is always great. We have met some really nice people this way. Being in Barnesville only since the end of may, we don't know many people around here. Now we know quite a few and are working on getting to know them better! I love meeting new people...well, that is, some of the time. Sometimes I do get pretty shy and embarrassed. I used to be really bad around strangers, so my mom tells me. When I was little I would hide behind my mom's skirts! I'm afraid I can't do that anymore. I think I've pretty much grown out of that.

I already have some good friends - Allison and Abigail Heiney. We have become good friends in the short time we have known each other. Today Allison couldn't make it to the homeschool get-together because a little kitten that was given to her may not make it. The poor thing is only 1 pound! I was shocked at how little it is! Just a little skeleton! Allison is really worried about it. The helpless little thing needs force-fed, probably because it hasn't ate in forever! I'm praying for it, Allison!

A really good thing about the different homeschooled families around here getting together is that there is a whole mixture of ages. From mommies, even down to babies! No one is left out, and everybody has a good time!

Because not everybody made it today, some of us girls played The Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit. GOOD TIMES! We laughed and giggled (what do girls do better?) and had a great ole time! I can't wait till next time! I'm pretty sure they are every 2 weeks. (how is that for information?) It'll be fun again the next time!

No comments: