Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Autumn's Beauty

I love this time of year.  The crisp wind and the colorful leaves = perfect Autumn beauty.  God is an awesome Creator.  Who can deny it with all this loveliness surrounding us?




These past few weeks have been busy ones for the Brown family.  First we had some beloved family members visit from Indiana, up came Reformation Day (sneak peak here until I get my post up), then there was a prayer rally in Barnesville at which my dad spoke (and outshone them all!), and lastly we were able to make some delightful new friends last weekend!  Life really is lovely.  

Thanksgiving is coming up already [Insert major shock here].  Although we are supposed to count our blessings every day, this time of year we seem to focus more upon them than any other time.  I have a lot to be thankful for, even if life seems difficult at times.  We may not be rich in worldly goods, I may not be upon the brink of marriage (I can see my dad wiping his brow here), and life may not always be exciting and thrilling.  Yet, it is the simple things that warm the heart.  I'm just thankful to be alive and well in 2010.  I have a family and home, food, clothes, and a bed to sleep in, friends - old and new, plus my Saviour's love.  For a 16 year-old young woman, I'd say that is more than enough.  In the business of life, stop for a moment to think of how really blessed we are.  If we are alive in Christ, we are rich in every way.


No comments: