Monday, November 14, 2011

Magical Reality


Life is busy this time of year.  The pecan trees are ripe in harvest, my mind and hands are busy with Christmas gifts, Thanksgiving is just around the corner, the leaves keep turning colors and enveloping the ground (and I just love Fall walks as the leaves crunch underneath my feet!), I'm reveling in continual happiness, friendship is blooming and blossoming, and I am satiated in God's goodness.  Life couldn't possibly be any better from my point of view.








Liberty loving our huge pile of leaves


This past month and a half has almost been eye-opening for me.  I am amazed at God's goodness each morning that I behold a new day.  Although family relationships remain top priority, friendship is a beautiful thing, even outside the home.  Especially that friendship which has lasted years and years, ever since childhood.  It is a bittersweet and nostalgia feeling to see life-long friends that were playmates as children suddenly become men and women.  Where does time go?  Life suddenly seems to become confusing, exciting, unbelievable, and incredible at the same time.  A friendship that remains devoted, loyal, and constant is a friendship that will press on to even greater heights.  And that is a blessing from God.

I don't think I need say I am sated.  It is bliss. It is magical. It is grace. It is happiness. It is wondrous.


"Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: 
so doth the sweetness of a man's friend 
by hearty counsel." -Proverbs 27:9

"Iron sharpeneth iron; 
so a man sharpeneth 
the countenance of his friend."
-Proverbs 27:17


4 comments:

Joy said...

That is so beautiful and true, Rachel! I love the photos of autumn, and the pic with Liberty covered with leaves is positively cute!! YES! God is so good, His mercies are new every morning... Isn't it awesome that we have such a faithful, loving and soverign God?! I know how it is, meeting old friends that you grew up with after so many years! It is truly a new realization, how as we grow we see what the Lord has been doing in our lives, and that of our brothers and sisters in Christ! I am always truly thankful for the friends God has placed in my life. And thanks for such a sweet post.
-Joy

P.s. Rachel, I told your sister, Grace, that I'll be e-mailing her soon. Do you have an e-mail that I can send you a message to? God bless!

Sarah C. said...

Dear Rachel,
That's very true. True and lasting Friendships that climb new heights are truly a precious gift from our heavenly Father. God is good and faithful. Yes, life is amazingly, magically REAL and GOOD, because He IS Good. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!!

These are lovely photos...funny...you're having autumn, almost running on winter, while here in Australia, it's hot and running on Summer!This never ceases to amaze me!!

God Bless,
Sarah

Joy said...

Dear Rachel, I just wanted to make sure if I commented as I used my dad's iPad to comment and I'm not sure if it worked or not :). Great post anyhow!!

Rachel said...

Thank you girls for sharing your thoughts. Indeed, it is amazing that we are experiencing totally different seasons! =P And Joy, you can email me at:rachel@covenantdevotion.com

I'd love hearing from you! Christ bestow upon y'all many blessings!